Monday, June 16, 2008

Day 19, 20, 21 & 22 - Kansas City


Well, I'm back from our trip. As we were driving through KC from the airport to our hotel I was so excited to get out into the city and take pictures, but our short stay there did NOT allow for as much picture taking as I thought it might! I was bummed. BUT I was able to get some taken of Baby E and Rae. I don't know why, but I was thinking I would take more photos of them, have more interesting shoots and get better photos of them than I did. So I was a little disappointed. But dang these girls are cute.

Rae is only 2 so getting her to cooperate was a trick. BUT once she started to cooperate it was like SNAP SNAP SNAP MAGIC!!


f/3.5, 1/250, ISO 100, 50mm

This was my trick. I said "Oh Rae!! Are you a pretty princess?! You ARE A PRINCESS!" and she'd start to do amazingly adorable things like THIS!!!


f/3.5, 1/200, ISO 100, 50 mm, PW Fresh & Colorful adjusted


Ok - I have to whine a little. The lighting in the big courtyard area in the hotel, where we did most of our hanging out over the weekend, was gorgeous but had HORRID light for picture taking. It was SO HARD to get good settings and not have every picture be blurry or have bizarre colors. Especially taking pictures of busy toddlers! SO many amazing pictures ruined with motion blur!!! But every once in a while I got a good one.


f/1.8, 1/15, ISO 400, 50mm


f/1.8, 1/15, ISO 400, 50mm, Urban Acidify

And what about Baby E? Well, poor Baby E got a fever while she was there!!


f/3.5, 1/4, ISO 400, 50mm, PW's B&W

So when I was taking her picture when she was feeling a little better, she still wasn't giving us very happy faces. But I did get SOME good shots of her.

I've just been informed that JOSH took this one!  Oops.  We were handing the camera back and forth when this one was taken and I could have sworn this one was me.  OH WELL.  Good job Josh.


f/1.8, 1/100, ISO 400. 50mm


f/4.0, 1/250, ISO 200, 50mm, PW Fresh & Colorful adjusted

She wouldn't give me very many sweet faces (poor sick baby) so I settled for some non-face shots! haha


f/4.0, 1/250, ISO 200, 50mm, PW Fresh & Colorful

We were even able to get a shot of the PAIR of them together! (Yes, a pair - just for Hope & Believe!!)


f/7.1, 1/80, ISO 200, 50mm, PW Fresh & Colorful

I posted a few others on my regular blog if you want to see those too. And no, I didn't ONLY take pictures of these babes! But I gotta save some stuff for tomorrow!! :)

Can't wait to see more photos from you Les!!

Rub the belly for me! MWAH!

6 comments:

onehm said...

WOW, WOW, and more WOW!
You did great with TOUGH subjects!! Trust me, I know how hard they are to photograph!

And I love your pic for the challenge! It's perfect!! The composition and colors are amazing!

Marcistar said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Shantell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shantell said...

wow is right you did a great job Britt! I can't believe how beautiful Rae is she is just gorgeous! Hey Les has that baby come yet?

ZB said...

Horray! You are back. I was starting to go through withdrawls.

These pictures are so cute. I love the colors & the sweet princess poses. I'll have to remember those genius ideas.

Love that challenge picture!

Leslie & Matt said...

Oh Britt, your pictures are amazing. I love the one of Rae on the bench eating...and ice cream I think?? The urban acidify is so awesome!!