Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Day 17 - Bird Lady


Funny story. I stepped outside for a little "picture walk" around the neighborhood and I didn't even make it past my driveway. I almost tripped over this little guy.


f/3.5, 1/1000, ISO 400, 50mm

I'm ALWAYS trying to take pictures of all the birds in our yard, but they never let me get anywhere near close enough. But this little guy must have been injured or something because he didn't move at all. He just looked at me, chirped, and basked in the sun. I couldn't believe my luck! I crawled ALL around him trying different angles, light, etc. expecting him to fly away at any moment, but he didn't move! It was so fun. As soon as I stood up to go back inside, he turned around hopped onto the grass and into the shade (where I wouldn't have gotten a great shot of him) and flew away.

Later, I noticed him hopping around the front grass again. He must be hurt I guess. Poor guy. But I sure appreciate him sitting in the sunshine and being my little model!

4 comments:

Leslie & Matt said...

How lucky to get some "wild life" shots. hehe I have nothing to post again. I have been so busy trying to do stuff to get ready to move & have this baby. I will try to make some time tomorrow.

ZB said...

He must have wanted his picture taken.
And I think that you got the perfect shot of him. I love the sunlight.

Shantell said...

What an amazing picture!

onehm said...

How did I not comment on this post?
LOVE the lighting here...Lucky that this little guy was interested in a photoshoot, EH??

;)