Saturday, August 30, 2008

Grandpa's Garden

To most people his picture isn't very impressive - it's just a picture of a garden. But to me, this picture is priceless. Is is a picture of my grandpa's garden. He takes great pride in his garden and his yard. If you look closely you can see that he has a separate garden just for corn in the back. He is getting older and his health isn't great. He crawls around in the dirt picking weeds and gathering vegetables because the ground is uneven and is hard for him to walk on. He is hardworking and doesn't let anything get him down. So, which this is just a simple picture of a garden, to me it is so much more!!

2 comments:

Brittney said...

Is this Grandpa Bob's garden? I LOVE that you are sentimental about the picture. I think its LOVELY. Not just your average garden picture. Totally awesome.

Tiffany said...

What a great idea. My grandparents have a vegetable garden year round an I am always amazed at how diligent they are at keeping it up. This may be another idea I steal from you. :) I hope you don't mind. I just admire your creativity.