Friday, August 29, 2008

Bringing Home a Baby Bumble Bee


Ok - I can't even tell you how nervous I was taking these pictures!  My hands were sweating, I was shaking.  I was so freaked out that they were all going to turn on me and attack. Or that I'd bump into one while I was focused on another.  Whew.  I'm really glad I got a good picture to post and that it's over!


f/4.0, 1/125, ISO 400, 50mm, PW Fresh & Colorful

But I had to document these bees! There are TONS of the fattest, fuzziest, hugest bees just outside our front door totally coating themselves in pollen. This picture doesn't even show how covered they get before they head off, back to the hive I suppose. They seriously look like little puffs of light yellow pollen by the time they leave. It's pretty funny looking.

2 comments:

Angie said...

I love everything about this picture. That bee is huge and what a pretty flower! Awesome job!!

Marcistar said...

Wow that is awesome! That bee is so big!! Great pic!